Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Oil in replacement cream - L'Oreal Paris | Review

Back when I was a kid , I loathed oiling my hair. I remember hating that greasiness and stickiness and also the weird smell of coconut hair oil so much. Even today, I would shamelessly admit it is my mom who gives me head oil massage. I simply don't like the feel and touch of oil. I came across several reviews about the new oil replacement creams available in the market and decided to give it a shot. The fact that I no longer have to deal with the greasiness lured me in buying the L'Oréal Paris Oil in replacement cream. The idea that a cream could do the work of oil to my hair amazed me and I couldn't wait to try it out.


Packaging :

It comes in a beige golden tube like the other L'Oréal nourishing oil range products with flip open brown cap. The packaging is decent for the price.


Ingredients :

Six oils :
  • Argan
  • Almond
  • Jojoba
  • Olive
  • Coconut
  • Camelia


My Experience :

The cream is cloudy white and quite light in consistency. It possess a strong fragrance which reminded me of the Inveda Argan Cleanser. These both smell exactly the same which I guess due to the presence of argan oil in both of them.



According to the packaging, there are three different ways to use this cream:
  1. Over night
  2. Before shampoo
  3. After shampoo

I have tried this cream all the three ways and I have mixed opinion about it. Good things first : The cream gives a cooling sensation when applied over the scalp. As per its claims, it is not greasy at all. It tamed my frizzy hair to an extent. Other than this, I didn't notice any thing else that is great about this product. The name says oil replacement cream but I doubt this could actually replace my oil massage. Oiling hair is essential to nourish, give life, add shine and smoothness to hair and I didn't find this cream doing any of these. I am suspicious about the nourishing abilities of this cream but nevertheless, it didn't cause any damage to my hair.

Price :

INR 80 for 100 ml

Pros :

  • Gives a cooling effect
  • Non-greasy, non-sticky
  • Decent Packaging
  • Inexpensive
  • Alluring fragrance
  • Tames frizzy hair

Cons :

  • Doubtful about the nourishing abilities
  • Doesn't add shine or radiance

Rating :

3 / 5

Verdict :

I would rate this as an okay-okay product. I can definitely not replace this with my oil massage but these can be useful during those busy days when there is no time for oiling. Also since there is no fear of spilling, these can be easily carried for vacations and those travel times.

No comments: