Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Monday 3 October 2016

Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser from Plum | Review

Today I will be reviewing yet another skincare product from the brand - Plum : The Green tea Mattifying Moisturiser. Lately, this is part of my everyday skincare routine and I absolutely loved using it.

Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser - Plum

Packaging :

The moisturizer comes in a small plastic white bottle with a transparent cap. The outlet for this moisturizer is through a pump dispenser, the kind of packaging that I absolutely adore.


Ingredients :

Aqua (Water), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Fragrance, FDA Approved Colours, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, PEG 400, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine.


My Experience :

I was recommended by the Plum skincare expert to try this moisturizer as I have some acne marks on my cheeks and I have a slightly combination skin. I have been using this everyday right after using my toner. A pea sized amount is more than enough to cover my entire face. The moisturizer is light on the skin and possesses a lovely fragrance.

As its name entails, it does mattify the skin and does not give an oily effect which most moisturizers produce. It doesn't cause any drying as well, thus giving my skin the required hydration.



One thing that bothered me about this moisturizer is that after just few minutes of its application, my nose and the area around my lips began to perspire. This really turned me down about this moisturizer which was otherwise working so good for me. Having used this along with the Green tea toner has resulted in reduction of acne marks on my cheeks to a greater extent.

Price :

INR 450 for 50 ml

Pros :

  • Like all Plum products, it is 100% vegan, cruelty free and also free from parabens, SLS and sulphates
  • Its not creamy or oily but feels so light on the skin.
  • Lovely mild fragrance
  • Goodness of Green Tea
  • Long term use helps in reducing acne
  • Suitable for oily skinned beauties as it provides a mattifying effect.

Cons :

  • I detest the fact that my skin begins to perspire within few minutes of applying this moisturizer

Rating :

4 / 5

Verdict :

If you can just ignore the sweating that it causes, it is certainly a suitable moisturizer for combination to oily skinned beauties giving a good mattifying effect. I also recommend this for those struggling with acne as it has reduced mine to some extent. Definitely a product worth buying.


No comments: