Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Friday 28 October 2016

GeriG Lip Gloss Creme | Review | Swatch on Indian Skintone

Today, I am going to review the lip product that I received in my October Fab bag. Every month fab bag sends out an email to choose one make up product and this time it was lip products for me. The options given to me were a variety of lip glosses, lipsticks and compacts from a brand named C.A.L Los Angeles along with an additional option to choose products from previous month's bag. In order to make a choice, I relentlessly searched all over the Internet to get information about the brand C.A.L. Los angeles. Apparently, the only information I could gather was that it is an Indian brand which is new in the market (I wonder why the name Los Angeles?). I am always on look out for the ingredients while choosing cosmetics and since I couldn't find the list of ingredients for CAL products, I decided to skip it while making a choice for this month.

I was left with options to choose from Geri G lip glosses and Sugar mascara. I loved GeriG Foundation so much that it enticed me in choosing Geri G lip gloss creme in the shade Peache.

Geri G Lip Gloss Creme - Peache


At first I never really wanted to put up a review on this gloss, but since I couldn't find any swatches on the internet, I decided to write up a review which could be of help to the beauty enthusiasts out there. Also, since it is an international brand, I wanted to show you how the gloss fairs on the Indian skin tone.

Packaging:

It came packed in thin cardboard box with the ingredient list and name printed on it. Inside the box, is the gloss in a square shaped transparent glass tube with a silver cap. I absolutely fell in love with the gorgeousness of the lip colour in the tube and the packaging simply awed me.




Key Ingredients:

Sunflower Oil, castor oil, safflower oil, white tea, Japanese green tea, Aloe Vera, Nanomarine-5®, Vitamin E.

My Experience:

Although I am not a gloss person, I wanted to try this lip gloss on me the moment I received it. Having had an amazing experience with the foundation, I was intrigued to use it.

Swatch


The gloss had a faint sweet smell. The applicator was also good. After putting it on my lips, the gloss gave a sticky feel to my lips which I wasn't comfortable with. When I had a closer look at the tube, I found that the gloss had a slight hint of shimmer (nothing fancy by the way!) to it. Moving on to the pigmentation, it gives a sheer finish. For me, it was as good as using a transparent gloss. I loved the peach colour in the tube so much but to my vain I couldn't see any of it on my pigmented lips. Talking about the glossiness, this gloss is extremely glossy (this might even be an understatement!) when applied. The glossiness begins to fade eventually and the gloss would stay on the lips for a maximum of 2 hours. Overall, I am not really impressed with this gloss but I cant complain either. This might not be the one for pigmented lips.

Swatch on lips :

Peache on lips


Price:

INR 1000 for 4 ml

Pros:

  • Super glossy
  • Sweet smell
  • Sleek packaging
  • Suitable for light skinned beauties 

Cons:

  • Not suitable for pigmented lips
  • No colour pay off
  • Very poor staying power
  • Gives that sticky feel
  • May not suit for medium to dark skin tones

Rating:

2 / 5

Verdict:

As said by the founder of Geri G, it is ideal for that everyday no make-up look. Despite the cons, I am not dissatisfied with the product completely. One can use a lipstick underneath to get the desired colour with a glossy finish. 

No comments: