Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Tuesday 7 February 2017

SUGAR Smudge me not liquid lipstick - Shade 03 Tan Fan | Swatch | Review

Liquid lipsticks are so much in trend these days and Sugar Cosmetics have recently launched their range of liquid lipstick collection. These are called "smudge me not liquid lipsticks" and there are 10 exciting shades to choose from. I got hold of one of these shades just few days back and have worn it couple times already. In today's post, I will talk about my thoughts on the shade Tan Fan and also swatch it for you guys.

Sugar Smudge me not liquid lipstick

Shade 03 Tan Fan

Packaging:

Like all the other cosmetics from this brand , it has an cardboard box covering. I really like the print on this box. The packaging of this liquid lipstick is very similar to the Maybelline colour sensational velvet matte lipstick. It is a transparent tube filled with the liquid in the shape of a lipstick bullet. The cap is black in colour with a flat doe tip applicator. The total product size is 4.5 ml.


My experience:

I have been switching to nudes and neutrals with my make up and have literally given up on bold and dark shades. The only shade which I found closer to nude and the one that I thought would suit my medium skin tone is the shade Tan Fan. The swatches on the Sugar cosmetics website didn't give me a clearer picture about the shades. Tan fan turned out to be slightly darker than what I had anticipated. Nevertheless, it is such a gorgeous shade- mauve with brown undertones.



The application got much easier as the length of the wand is small( I really had a hard time getting used to wearing liquid lipsticks from Colourpop which had a long wand). A few minutes is required for it to settle down to complete matte. Over application of the lipstick would end up in sticky lips. Therefore, I had to be careful enough to apply one thin coat. The pigmentation is really good. One swipe was all that required to get the shade on the lips. I used a lip balm underneath before applying this lipstick and therefore I felt comfortable with it all day long. It stays upto 6 to 7 hours with light meals in between. One particular time, I hogged in some really greasy food and I noticed the lipstick faded away at the centre. As its name entails, it is indeed a smudge me not lipstick. It is transferproof and needs an oil based make up remover to remove it.

Swatch :

Swatch of Tan Fan

On my lips , Tan Fan

Price :

INR 499 for 4.5 ml

Pros:

  • Transfer proof
  • Long lasting
  • Pretty everyday nude shade
  • Small wand , therefore easier application
  • Inexpensive

Cons:

  • Might result in sticky lips if more than one coat is applied

Verdict:

This is a gorgeous every day shade which will suit all skin tones. It is affordable and worth a try if you are into liquid lipsticks. 

No comments: