Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Sunday 18 September 2016

My Everyday C-T-M regime | Cleansing | Toning | Moisturising

A stroke of kohl on the eyes, BB cream for the face and a nude lippie or a lip balm is my everyday subtle makeup look. I cannot imagine a day without these. So I can truthfully say that I wear makeup everyday. A basic skin care routine should be followed by someone who wears make up on regular basis. Today I am going to elucidate on the importance of having a regular CTM - Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing regime and also share with you the products that I am currently using for my CTM. If you are following me on Instagram, you will be aware of my recent haul from the brand Plum. And yes, my current CTM are all from Plum.



Step One: Cleansing

Cleansing is the first step of basic skin care. A cleanser is essential to remove makeup, oil and also get rid of dirt and other pollutants that get accumulated on the face. This is a simple step which also helps to refresh our skin from all the stress and tiredness. Currently, I am using the Hello Aloe Gentle Cleansing Lotion from Plum. It helps me wipe out my makeup, dirt and excess oil that gets accumulated on the day and also refreshes my face instantly.



Step Two : Toning

I will be upright honest here: I have never used a toner before. I am sure most of us would skip this step as our aim is only to get the makeup off and get a clean skin but allow me to unfold the magical power of a toner. Its not until recently that I discovered how important toning is. Toning, in my experience is undeniably the most important step. After cleansing, you would have noticed that the skin gets super dry. This is because the cleanser removes away natural oils present on the face along with the dirt. Consequently, it alters the pH level of the skin which should be maintained at 5.5. A toner helps maintain this pH level. While a cleanser unclogs the pores and removes dirt that get accumulated inside the pores, a toner is required to close the pores. When used daily, it helps in shrinking of the pores. The toner I am using is the alcohol free Green Tea Toner from Plum. I must say this works like magic for me. I have fallen in love with its fragrance.

Step Three : Moisturizing

Moisturize to hydrate your skin

Moisturizing is the last and a crucial step to keep the skin hydrated. A moisturizer  prevents the skin from becoming too dry or too oily. I have got a combination skin with few acne spots and so I am using the mattifying Green tea moisturizer from Plum. This is an excellent moisturizer that is light on the skin and doesn't make my skin oily.


So, this is all I have to share with you about my CTM regime. I have been following this every night before I hit the bed and have experienced amazing results. What is your everyday skin care regime? Do let me know in the comments :)
Thank you for reading :) Have a great day ;)


No comments: